Elope in Austin tm


Do You Want a Stress-Free, Intimate Wedding Experience? You've Come to the Right Place!

We assist our clients in creating memorable, magical celebrations that exceed expectations.

Our personal approach ensures the weddings we plan are meaningful and truly reflective of our clients as individuals.

Travis County 

The Travis County Clerk issues marriage licenses at the 5501 Airport Boulevard Office in Austin, Texas. Listed below are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions we receive from couples ready to take this important step. If you need additional assistance, please contact us at (512) 854-9188.

Marriage License Waiting Period

There is a required 3-day waiting period between the time a marriage license is obtained and the ceremony (Texas Family Code, Chapter 2, Section 2.204 ). The marriage ceremony may not take place during the 72-hour period immediately following the issuance of the marriage license unless an applicant:

Is a member of the armed forces of the United States and on active duty,

Performs work for the United States Department of Defense as an employee or contract worker,

Obtains a written waiver  from a judge of a court with jurisdiction in family law cases, a justice of the supreme court, a judge of the court of criminal appeals, a county judge, or a judge of a court of appeals, or

Completes a premarital education course described by Texas Family Code Section 2.013 and provides the County Clerk with a course completion certificate indicating completion of the course within one year of the date the marriage license application is filed with the Clerk.

Marriage License Expiration

A marriage license is valid for 89 days from the date it is issued. A marriage license expires if it has not been used before the 90th day after it was issued. If a couple wishes to marry after the expiration date, a new license must be purchased.

Persons Authorized to Conduct Marriage Ceremonies

In Texas, the following persons are authorized to conduct marriage ceremonies:

A person who is an officer of a religious organization and who is authorized by the organization to conduct a marriage ceremony, or a justice of the supreme court, judge of the court of criminal appeals, justice of the courts of appeals, judge of the district, county, and probate courts, judge of the county courts at law, judge of the courts of domestic relations, judge of the juvenile courts, retired justice or judge of those courts, justice of the peace, retired justice of the peace, judge of a municipal court, retired judge of a municipal court, or judge or magistrate of a federal court of this state, or retired judge or magistrate of a federal court of this state.

A person meeting the above requirements does not need to apply for permission to marry couples and does not need to register with the County Clerk.



Williamson County

Marriage License Information

If you wish to apply for a marriage license in Williamson County both applicants should come to the basement of the Justice Center located at 405 MLK Street, Georgetown, TX. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

We will need proper identification such as a drivers license, certified copy of birth certificate (not a hospital record), or passport. We will also ask for social security numbers. Please refer to the fees document for the price of a marriage license. We accept cash payments only.

Once you purchase the license you have to wait 72 hours before you can marry unless either of you happen to be on active duty in the military. You have to married within 90 days from the date that you purchased the license.

If you are 16 years or older but under 18 years of age a parent will have to sign the consent form. The parent will also need to bring a drivers license or I.D. card for proper identification. If the natural parents are divorced, the parent given custody must give the written consent. The parent will need to bring the custody papers and proper identification.

In the state of Texas, there is a 30 day waiting period after a divorce is final. We can issue the license on the 31st day from the final date. If the applicants are remarrying each other then it does not apply.

You can purchase your license in any county in Texas and get married in any other county in Texas.

If you have any questions, please call (512) 943-1527 or (512) 943-1526.

Web site 

Hays County

The following are the procedures for obtaining a Marriage License in Hays County:

Both Applicants should appear at the Government Center, 712 S. Stagecoach Trail, Ste. 2008 in San Marcos, Texas. Office hours are 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., however, it takes approximately 10-15 minutes to prepare the paperwork, therefore, we ask that you come in no later than 4:00 P.M.

We do have a Kyle Substation located in the Kyle Precinct 2 Building  (inside the Commissioners office) 5458 FM 2770 Kyle, Texas 78640. That office closes for lunch from 12-1 daily.

Each Applicant will need proper government issued identification such as a Driver License, Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (not a hospital record), or a Passport with Visa (unless the Country is a part of the Visa Waiver Program) and their Social Security Number.

The Fee for the License is $82.00 "Cash or Credit Card only". The Marriage License is good for 90 days from the date it is issued and there is a 72 hour waiting period from date of issuance.  If you present a "Premarital Education Course Certificate" -  only through the TWOGETHER IN TEXAS PROGRAM approved by the State - the fee will be $22.00 and the 72 hour waiting period is waived. You must present  a copy of the Twogether in Texas Certificate at the time of purchase so the Clerk can waive down the fee to $22.00.

All fees are waived if you are a member of the National Guard on federal active duty, or a member of the armed forces of the United States on active duty, who is preparing to be deployed to serve in a hostile fire zone.  You will need to provide documentation of your deployment.

If an Applicant is 16 - 17 years of age, a Parent or Legal Guardian must sign a "Parental Consent to Marriage" form [must present proper identification such as a Driver's License]. If the Natural Parents are divorced, the parent given custody must sign the consent form and bring with them the custody papers.

Absent Applicants: If one of the Applicants is unable to appear at the Clerks office, you may submit an "Affidavit of Absent Applicant" for that person when purchasing the Marraige License. The "Affidavit of Absent Applicant" needs to be signed and notarzied by the Absent Applicant before purchasing a Marriage License. The person who is the Absent Applicant needs to appear at the Ceremony.

Proxy Marriage: The only persons who can appoint a person to act as a proxy for the purpose of participating in the ceremony are members of the armed forces of the United States stationed in another country in support of combat or another military operation and they are unable to attend the ceremony. House Bill 869 effective 9-1-2013

If an Applicant is divorced, there is a 30 day waiting period after the divorce decree before they can marry another person. If this waiting period is waived in your divorce decree you will need to produce a copy of the decree. If Applicants are remarrying each other, there is no waiting period.

If you have any questions, please call 512-393-7738


Information We Collect

Must be 18 years of age or if a minor, please contact our office.

If divorced within 30 days, must have Court Order reflecting that the 30 days are waived. 

Must have identification: Driver's License, Military ID, Passport, or State ID

There is a three-day waiting period prior to marriage and after the license has been issued, unless waived by a District Judge, a Certificate from Twogether in Texas, or if Active Military but must present military ID.

Must be married within 90 days from the time the license has been issued.

Marriage License Application without any of the following are..............$ 67.00
Marriage License Application with Military Orders to a hostile fire zone as designated by the United States Secretary of Defense (GC 431.039)..................all fees waived
Marriage License Application with Twogether in Texas Certificate.............$ 7.00
(Certificate has to be a Twogether in Texas Certificate to waive the $60 Issuance Fee)

 LGC 118.018 (b-1)  The County Clerk shall issue a marriage license without collecting a marriage license fee from an applicant who: (1) completes a premarital education course described by Section 2.013, Family Code; and (2) provides to the county clerk a premarital education course completion certificate indicating completion of the premarital education course not more than one year before the date the marriage license application is filed with the clerk.

Informal Marriage..............................................................................................$ 32.00
(Informal Marriage fees are not effected by a Twogether in Texas Certificate)